30 December 2009

2009 Wrap Up

Well, another year is wrapping up, and it's time for another update on my progress. I did this last year (see the post here on the Year of Frugal Living blog) and it's great to have a record of my accomplishments. So, here I go:
  • I paid off another 7.6 percent of my debt, for a total of 26%, or more than 1/4.
  • I dealt with missed child support, a missing ex husband, and had the guts to take him back to court for all of it.
  • I experienced quite a few achievements at work, including getting an award in front of the whole college!
  • I gave my children chores and have begun giving my 5 year old an allowance to start teaching him to save for things he wants
  • I made my grandmother's pirogi recipe with the kids (one of my 2009 resolutions)
  • I travelled without the kids without having a nervous breakdown
  • I went on a date
  • I remodeled my living room fireplace

2009 has been the year of living- actually doing the things I have always wanted to do without being too scared or talking myself out of it. It's been a fantastic feeling to really be living my life, and I hope to continue to do it in 2010!

2 comments:

mommy2luke2008 said...

I hear ya!!! It's time to actually be happy!!! Thanks for this post and congrats on your accomplishments!!!

LauraC said...

Hope 2010 brings you everything you wish for!