26 December 2007

Almost go time

I'm not sure if this is cheating, but I got some gift cards for Christmas that I plan to spend on myself in 2008. The way I see it, I'm not spending any money, and I'm getting what I need. Works for me. I've been gearing up big time for this mentally, but honestly, not much will change right away. As of now we are awash in new toys, new pajamas, gift cards and all we need. I even have tons of batteries, thanks to CVS and their -.71 8 packs of AAs. The problem will come in about 8 weeks, when the excitement wears off and I want or need something that's not in the budget. Like a New Year's Resolution diet, by February, you're skipping some workouts and sneaking cookies. Which reminds me, I have one of those too- but luckily I already own some workout equipment and dvds, and the library has them too. So the key is to stay focused through the next 8 weeks or so, and then stick with it. Because I'm planning on heavily planting the garden this year (I may even use vacation days to dig it up, child-free) I should be busy with planning by mid-February, so that should help. I'm excited for the produce!

No comments: