28 December 2007

A dollar in the hand is worth two in the bank

Maybe this only happens to me, but when I HAVE money to spend and want to buy something, I can never find anything I want. But when I'm broke and have a credit card in my pocket, EVERYTHING is amazing, and I need it, and it's SUCH a good deal I would be stupid to pass it up. This happened to me yesterday, as I spent an hour walking around the 50% off clearance at Target, my $100 gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and I walked out of there with a 26 cent calendar from the dollar spot (75% off!). It's funny when 50% off becomes unimpressive. Anyway, my thought is this- I might take each week's operating budget out of the bank in CASH. Let it sit in my pocket, and be real. I think I'll be less eager to part with it when I have to hand it over.

No comments: