04 May 2009

Invitation to the Pity Party

I'm so, so bummed out.

Basically, my ex doesn't seem to care that he's left us high and dry. So now I don't know what I will do about my bills. Basically, if it weren't for the debt he left us with, we'd be okay. I make a decent amount of money, and I live cheaply. But I have this mountain of debt to pay off, and I can't do it by myself.

I can file for the back child support, but he doesn't have a job, and it hasn't been that long (a little over 2 weeks).

I can ask his parents for a loan, but who knows when I could pay it back.

I could file for bankruptcy, or sue him (maybe, I don't even know for sure).

Or I can just sit here and cry, which is what I'm doing.


BabiesandBargains said...

Is he garnished? I know my mother had my dad garnished..she got every penny he owed her weekly every time he had a job!! He also lost his license and tax returns!!!

LauraC said...

Definitely file for child support, even if it has been a short time bc as soon as he gets a job, it will be garnished. My sister waited until it was 6 months and then basically had to write it all off bc he had moved to a different state and she has NEVER gotten the money.

I'm still so sorry for this. What kind of dad doesn't care for his kids? That's just shameful!!

Rita said...

I'm truly sorry about your situation. My heart goes out to you. Laura is right... Shameful!