13 September 2009

Holding him accountable

I did something really scary. I went down to the courthouse a few weeks ago, and filed a motion of contempt for the missing debt payments, the missed visitations, and the drug use. And now the court date is tomorrow and I'm freaking out. like FREAKING OUT. He's mad at me for this, his parents are mad at me (or at least I think so, since they are being weird and cold and not helpful when I ask them if they have any idea why he's not paying me), and I'm scared.

I'm also representing myself, since I couldn't afford the lawyer. So I have a big stack of bank statements, credit card statements, and a huge excel file that shows how much he paid each week and how much he owes me.

The court time is 9:30 (EST) tomorrow so I'll update afterwards, but if you read this, please keep me in your thoughts/prayers/wishes tomorrow. I'm scared and I know it will help to know people are behind me on this.

Thanks,
Jaime

5 comments:

LauraC said...

I will be thinking about you! Please post to let us know everything is okay.

GFCF Mommy Octopus said...

I've been "following" your blog for a while and it reminds me so much of my single mother days over a decade ago.

I have always been crossing my fingers for you. His flakiness is frustrating. And I totally understand how scared you are about tomorrow. But I know it will go well and in your favor.

You are a strong momma and strong woman. You are stronger than you even realize and someday you will be able to look back at this and be thankful that it is so far behind you.

I will be praying for you and your boys.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

GFCF MOMMY OCTOPUS

staciefrost said...

Good luck, Jamie! Please let us know how it goes! You and your boys are in my prayers!
Stacie

ElizabethEK said...

I am de-lurking to say good luck.

Katrina said...

You did the right thing. I am sure his parents aren't thrilled that their son has messed up so badly and that you are finally calling him on it, but I am sure they realize in their hearts that you can't go on living like this forever. YOUR children come first, simple as that. Good luck and keep your cool.