26 September 2009

Trucking through

I haven't been doing anything really special to either spend less or pay off more, mostly because I'm at a point where I don't feel that there is much left to do. My ex still hasn't been giving me anything towards our debt, which means that I'm way behind in paying down that balance transfer card. I just keep reminding myself that there are a few good things on the horizon, and hopefully things will get better.

One thing that isn't actually different but FEELS different is that I'm not really getting upset when he doesn't give me anything for the debt. Yes, I'm marking it down, and yes, I plan to take him back to court again if I don't start seeing something from him by the end of the year, but instead of being physically sick over it, I'm sort of just... okay. I feel fine, unaffected. I even bought myself a game for the Nintendo DS I got for my birthday last year, and I feel pretty good about it.

However, I do have to tell you that Target is clearancing everything out of the store right now, and I have every intention of heading there tomorrow for some stocking up on things. That pocketbook thing to carry my work stuff that I was lusting over a few weeks ago is 30% off, and so are lots of things like sheets and bookshelves and stuff. Two years ago I found mattress covers for twin beds for 9 bucks that have served me well since, so I'm hoping for some things like that. And there are always birthday and Christmas presents to start keeping an eye out for. So I'll certainly update tomorrow on any amazing deals.

Life goes on. It always will. The trick is to move forward to the good stuff without getting held back by the bad. It's not always easy, but this is the one and only life we get, and I for one don't want it to be less than fantastic because of other people.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

If you want to learn more about money management read Money and Budgets: The Honest Roadmap to Financial Freedom by L. Burke Files. It will help you accomplish all of your financial goals with real information and knowledge, no gimmicks.

http://www.amazon.com/Money-Budgets-L-Burke-Files/dp/0982372302/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1293642632&sr=1-4