06 November 2008

oh, those ups and downs of life

Obama! I'm just so thrilled, elated, motivated, moved... it's so, so good. I really feel like he'll be a great unifier, and a true force for change. Young people turned out in record numbers to elect him, and he's our president. So many of our friends worked for him, contributed to his campaign, and supported him. I'm so proud to be an American.

I'm also proud because Rahm Emanuel went to my alma mater. :)

Okay, so the downs. My husband and I are fighting again, this time its because my nearly four year old is giving me a lot of grief in the morning when its time to go, and I told him he wasn't allowed to watch a movie (The Nightmare Before Christmas, which I didn't think was appropriate for him to be watching anyway!!) at their house. It snowballed from there, and now his mom wants to pick them up at lunch time on the days they go to their house and have them come at 1 instead of 5. I'm not okay with this for a number of reasons that I won't get into, but frankly, I don't see why you would reward a child's bad behavior with extra time at grandma's, instead of leaving him in his regular schedule. It sucks that I don't get to make the rules. The whole thing just sucks. I want it to be over with, I want the judge to just tell us what to do so I don't have to be the bad guy all the time.

Ugh.

Hope, right? Yes we can?

No comments: