07 January 2008

Tough decisions

First of all, cool. I can post from my phone. I'm so high tech.

There's been some serious frugal living going on, and it's only the end of the first week! Yesterday I made some tough decisions at the mall. I had a gift card to Victoria's Secret, and am in need of some undergarments. So I went to the Semi-Annual Sale, only to find that the bra I liked was 20 dollars more than the value of the gift card. (Which, by the way, is RIDICULOUS! Why are bras 42 dollars? I think this is a blatant form of sexism.) Anyway, I could have, and previously WOULD have, bought the bra, paid 20$ of my own money, and walked away feeling like I got a decent deal. But yesterday I handed the bra back to the saleswoman and said "No thank you." I was a little embarrassed, I'll admit it, but I feel that I made the right decision. I'll probably sell the gift card and use the money at Target, for something a little more reasonably priced.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I know I am a few years late in following your blog, but I recently came upon it. I went back to the very beginning and I am planning on reading every entry.
I was very impressed with the decision that you made at VS. At least 3-4 times a week I stop at the gas station to pickup a pop, some chips and other snacks for work. And every morning I tell myself, 'you really don't need to stop. just drive by today.' But for some reason my hands don't listen and they turn into the gas station any ways. I need to learn to start letting my head control my money decisions.