16 February 2009

what I've decided: a mommy's manifesto

I decided to take next Monday off, and send the kids to daycare. Furthermore, I've decided that I will go and get my hair cut on that day, and then I plan to spend the rest of the day reading and relaxing.

I have also decided that I will attempt to do this every 6-8 weeks. I will use these days to get caught up, schedule appointments, and take time to do nice things for myself. Perhaps one day I'll even get a massage. Who knows.

This is not very frugal. What it is, however, is necessary. I'm so completely overextended, exhausted and frazzled. I'm having anxiety dreams, which I never do. I've gained some weight. I don't feel very good! And as I'm sure you all know, an unhappy mom makes an unhappy household, and I can't afford to not take care of myself.

So, who's with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! Sounds like a great idea!

Rebecca said...

I AM IN!!!
What a great idea. I am a SAHM.....how to I send my kids off? Maybe hubby will take the day off so I can get stuff done!