31 December 2008

Health is Wealth

I'm attempting to get into better shape for this new year, but I've started already. I'm a big fan of Self magazine and their Self Challenge exercises, and I'm doing those, plus not eating junk and trying to get in some extra aerobic exercise, which is never easy. I've recently gained some weight, and although I don't think I look bad, I certainly don't FEEL good, and my clothes are a little tight.

Part of this getting in better shape resolution will include visits to the chiropractor and the acupuncturist, to see what it's like. Luckily, it's mostly covered by my health insurance, so it won't cost me too much, and I think after the insane amounts of stress I've been under for the last couple of years, plus my terrible sleeping habits, and the total absence of water in my diet (I embarrassingly live on coffee and tea), I need to sort of cleanse myself. I'll definitely keep updating on how this goes, because I've never done either before and I'm really curious!

I also need to schedule my yearly check ups and a visit to the dentist, which I'm not looking forward to, but is obviously necessary. Yesterday I went on the website for my health insurance and found a list of all the "health" discounts I get with my plan, which included gyms, acupuncture and other good stuff, so I really recommend checking that out. You might be paying for great benefits you didn't know you had!

1 comment:

BabiesandBargains said...

I LOVE Self Magazine...Some of those mini work outs they give you are awesome...You can even do some while watching tv or whatever :)