23 December 2008

like a Survivor contestant at a food reward challenge

I finished my Christmas shopping tonight, and I went to Target to do it. It was the funniest thing- because I was shopping without real restraint for the first time in so long, I practically lost my mind! I kept seeing things I wanted for myself and ended up buying jeans and sheets (though I have to say they were both on sale). I could barely control myself! It was really like I was blind to all the things I liked, I wanted, for so long that once I saw some I couldn't stop seeing them!

So, once again, STAY OUT OF TARGET!!! lol

3 comments:

Kimberli said...

I have had the opposite happen! We've been avoiding Target like the plague, due to its money-sucking abilities. So, I stopped yesterday and saw tons that normally would have just jumped into my cart, but I was more rational than usual... "I don't need that" "It'll be on clearance in 3 days" etc... Target sure has some special powers, though...huh?!

Anonymous said...

Jaime - I had left you homemade cookies in your library mailbox. They're still there. so I hope you dson't mind of I redistributed them before they go stale! Merry Christmas - Elaine

Anonymous said...

I guess I could have been more helpful and attempted to restain you a bit....but I was operating on the "You deserve it!" philosophy. Also my own personal philosophy regarding food....so, maybe not the best idea....