30 August 2008

where things get a bit hairy

I'm pretty much out of lunch foods, and its only Sunday, and I have 8 dollars left for the week. I'm thinking a half lb of american cheese, 3 nectarines, a box of mac and cheese and a loaf of bread from the bread store should cost roughly 10 dollars, but I have a wayward 5 in my wallet, so should be okay.

But here's where it gets hairy. Mikey's very first day of preschool is wednesday, and he wants a ham and cheese sandwich and an apple (how Leave it to Beaver of him) so I need to work that in... Although, I bet I can order a few slices of ham at the deli for cheap, plus one apple shouldn't be too bad... But then we're supposed to be cooking out with friends on monday, and my kids want hot dogs. Hmm.

Okay, I don't need to work out this whole process on the blog, but you get the idea. There's always Something. It's a constant juggle, and it can be demoralizing at times, but when you figure it out, it's motivating instead. With anything, the satisfaction is in the job well done. I'll let you know what I figure out!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

We're big on trading for goods or services. Could you reap a big harvest from your garden for a beautiful looking salad, if a coopkout fried supplies the dogs??