07 September 2008

wedding bells

This weekend I went to Cape Cod for the wedding of a close friend. Weddings are always expensive, for the people getting married and the attendees. Luckily, I was able to keep my costs down, with the help of my friends.

My in-laws watched my kids, so that was fantastic. I drove there the morning of the wedding, and I packed a lunch for the car so I wouldn't have to stop and pay for food. The bride's amazing parents let me stay at their house (thank you, Cyndee and Jeff!), so that was free, too. I had bought a dress way back at that great Gap sale, on clearance. I had a great time, saw a lot of old friends, and even met a reader (hi Robin!). We had a bit of a hurricane, but it was awesome, and watching the flower girl play in the mud in her dress was priceless.

Congratulations, Hils and Josh!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there jamie, it was nice to meet you- stay strong girl, remember you have fans...