06 April 2008

Flexibility is the key to not getting discouraged

You know that saying "you gotta roll with the punches"? There is something about managing finances and dealing with debt that makes people sort of feel like they are being punched in the face. Money makes people stressed, depressed, ruins relationships. It evokes an emotional response out of us that is somewhat unreplicated- I know that I often compare money to food, but even food doesn't keep us up at night in a cold sweat.

This week has been a little rough. I'm still recovering from not getting the money I'm owed, and I spent some extra money on diapers and taking my 3 year old out to lunch (gasp, I know, it was his preschool tour day and I wanted to do something special with him. So shoot me.). So, now I'm about $200 behind. I started freaking out, to be honest. I wanted to cry, I wanted to yell at soon to be ex, I wanted to not have to deal with this. Its really hard to not freak out! So what I did was look at my budget spreadsheet, and move some things around. I'll be fine, I'll have to pay less to debt than I'd like, but I'm still okay.

No comments: