15 April 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends

One of the unintended outcomes of making such a big deal about the Year of Frugal Living is all of my friends know about it (and read it!). This is really helpful because I don't have to feel uncomfortable when I make plans with friends, since they already know I probably don't want to go out for dinner.

Being frugal is really awesome, because it's smart, it feels good, it's good for the environment, and it's a good example to set for your kids/future generations. Now that I've been doing this for 3 1/2 months (wow, has it been that long?), I can't imagine living the old way. It's like smoking- I used to smoke a lot, and smoke in my house. Now, I can't even imagine that- it's disgusting!

Change is good.

1 comment:

Deacon Cindy said...

You go girl! -interesting way of keeping yourself honest! And I see you've been at it a while. Good luck. -c