12 April 2008

I've been working on the gar-den, all the live long day!

It's finally warm and beautiful here in Connecticut, and I've been working hard on getting the garden ready for planting day, which is May 9th (please no rain, please no rain, please no rain). Just about half of it is raked and weeded, and the other half is sort of raked. The path is cleared, the flowers are cleared off, the rhubarb is sprouting leaves, and my seedlings are doing great. And more importantly, I'm really having fun!

Here are my lettuce, mesclun, spinach and nasturtium, from third row to sixth row:











Aren't they cute?

I went to CVS this morning to do the Huggies deal one more time, and as I walked down to the diapers I realized something that has changed in me: I'll never buy a greeting card again. We have been making cards, and it's so fun, and it's free! I can't even imagine buying a card now. It's funny.

No comments: